video phone: 903.253.9655 | interpreter services: 903.617.6204
TDHHC has limited services at this time. Once we have a physical location more services will be offered. We look forward to serving the needs of the community. Thank you for your patience.
Please e-mail us for more information.
For Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf-Blind Individuals:
- Senior Citizen Program to provide educational and social activities.
- After School / Summer Recreation Children’s Program focusing on social activities, tutoring and leadership.
- Adult Literacy Classes
- Caseworker Services to assist clients with filling out paperwork, locating other services, making phone calls and various other needs. (These resources are made available to clients with special and specific needs in a conducive and effective language. Beyond simply assisting clients with accessing appropriate resources, clients are incorporated into the resource research and referral process. With the assistance of the service coordinator, clients experience a hands on approach with the computer, the TDD, VP, the VCO, and written correspondence. Appropriate English skills are taught utilizing each communication venue. The ultimate goal is for the client to eventually independently access needed resources.)
- Meeting Space: Available to the local Deaf Club, Interpreting Organizations and others.
For The Community:
- Education and Awareness provided to the community regarding Deaf, hard of hearing and deaf-blind issues, the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related legislation.
- Basic Sign Language Classes for parents of Deaf children and the community.